May 28, 2021 (10:48 a.m. Central Time)
Dear Simpson College students, faculty and staff:
Simpson College is revising its COVID-19 protocols, effective June 1, 2021. In developing the revised protocols, the CMT took into careful consideration current guidance from the CDC and American College Health Association. As has been true throughout the pandemic, our approach prioritizes the well-being of our community as a whole, while taking advantage of the opportunities for more normal operations as members of our community are vaccinated.
Highlights of the updated protocols include:
- Yellow Phase (current)
- Mask use optional outdoors, with social distancing encouraged
- Masks required indoors in public spaces
- In private offices, mask use optional if all present are vaccinated
- Masks are not required for employees working in shared office space if all have submitted proof of vaccination; masks must be put on when others enter office space.
- Green Phase
- No restrictions on events
- Mask use in indoor public spaces optional
To see the complete, updated COVID Operational Phases and Transitions please visit simpson.edu/covid19-plan.
To get to the Green Phase of Simpson’s COVID-19 protocols, we need to reach an 80-percent vaccination rate as a campus. That is the level of community immunity which protects us all, including those unable to receive a vaccine.
We can do it if every one of us who can get vaccinated gets one of the vaccines!
To help us reach our goal and go Green, all students and employees who have completed COVID vaccinations (either two doses of the Moderna or Pfeizer vaccine or one dose of the Johnson and Johnson vaccine) should email a photo of their vaccination card showing which vaccine they received and the date vaccinations were completed to:
- Students: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Employees: email@example.com
Thanks to all for doing your part to keep our community healthy, strong, and moving forward. Together, we are ONE Simpson!
Vice President for Student Development and Planning
Chair, Crisis Management Team