In collaboration with an executive search firm, Academic Search, Simpson has named the members of the presidential search committee who will work to find the College’s next president.
During their pre-search visit, the firm met with Simpson’s student leadership, Cabinet members, Employee Advisory Council (EAC) and the Faculty Liaison Council (FLC). They also held two open forums for faculty and staff to gather a further understanding. The input received helped provide valuable insight into the presidential search.
The committee was formed in accordance with the faculty handbook and the bylaws of the College. The committee stands thus:
• Susan Voss, Trustee (Committee chair)
• Terry Handley, Trustee, and Board Chair
• Kamie Haynes, Trustee
• Maribeth Wright, Trustee
• Elizabeth Nigut, Trustee
• John Lawlor, Trustee
• Mimi Bartley-Nancarrow, Staff Representative
• Spencer Waugh, Faculty Representative
• Lindsay Ditzler, Faculty Representative
• LaTonya Calderon, Iowa Conference of the United Methodist Church Representative
The Academic Search firm also established a Student Advisory committee consisting of nineSimpson students from various areas of campus. The students will help provide input to the search committee throughout the search.