facebook icon twitter icon youtube icon

Continuing, Graduate & Online Financial Aid

Discover your options.

Everyone can apply for financial aid

All continuing, graduate & online students should apply for financial aid. You apply and we’ll put in the work to get you the maximum benefit. 

Continuing & Graduate students wishing to be considered for financial assistance at Simpson College must:

  • Submit an application for admission, with supportive data, to the Continuing & Graduate Office of Admissions and be accepted as a student who is eligible to receive a degree or certificate.
  • Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to the processing center, requesting the results be sent to the Office of Financial Aid at Simpson College. You may complete the FAFSA online at fafsa.gov. Simpson’s federal school code is 001887.  
  • You must file a FAFSA prior to July 1 in order to be eligible for the Iowa Tuition Grant and State of Iowa Teacher Education assistance. Simpson College should be listed on the form. In completing this form, you are automatically an applicant for the Pell Grant, Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG), Federal Direct, as well as several internal scholarships, including the Andrea Biklen Memorial Scholarship.
  • Once you have been accepted for admission and completed the necessary financial aid forms, you will be sent a financial aid offer.
  • If applicable, you will need to provide the Business Office with written verification of employment, as well as the amount your employer will pay towards tuition.
  • Evening, online and graduate students who wish to receive financial aid and who have been inactive for at least one semester must notify the Office of Financial Aid by telephone in order for their files to be reactivated.



Less money and less time with life experience credits

Simpson awards credit for college-level learning acquired through life experiences, often outside of the classroom. This means you get your degree faster and save money!


Here to help

Simpson offers a dedicated and focused support team. Let us know how we can best serve you.



  1. Submit a copy of the Employer Approval Form and Promissory Note to the Business Office prior to the start of class.
  2. Submit payment of the student portion within 30 days of the start of the term. (If your employer reimburses less than 100% of tuition, your portion must be paid within 30 days of the start of the term.)
  3. Notify the Office of Financial Aid if you are receiving any additional financial aid.