facebook icon twitter icon youtube icon

Area Councils

The Area Councils are the student government for your residence hall. These student-run organizations are active in planning new programs and carrying on the traditions established in the past. Area Council members are selected shortly after opening during the fall semester, but interested students can join at any point during the year. Area Councils are typically advised by the Area Coordinator or the Student Hall Coordinator (SHC).  There are generally two area councils on campus:

  • First-Year Council (FYC) – represents Barker and Kresge
  • BP Area Council

If you’re interested in joining the FYC, please contact the first-year Area Coordinator at x1862 or stop by their office on the first floor of Kresge.

To join the BP area council or to find out more information, please contact the Area Coordinator working with Buxton and Picken at x1732 or stop by their office in Student Development in Kent.