facebook icon twitter icon youtube icon

Housing Accommodations

Through Student Accessibility Services (SAS) Office

Students requesting Housing Accommodations must be registered with the SAS office. Email Karen Lynch, director of Student Accessibility Services to initiate the process at sas@simpson.edu.


  • Housing accommodation requests must be submitted by March 1st for the following academic year. The housing lottery typically occurs at the end of March. Students must resubmit their requests annually. Students must be prepared to resubmit updated documentation as requested. 
  • Eligibility for housing accommodations is made on a case-by-case basis for students who complete the registration process with the Student Accessibility Services (SAS) office. Housing accommodations require additional documentation of a substantial physical or medical impairment. Residence Life will work with you regarding the specific residence hall and/or room based on the reasonable accommodations identified in the registration process. 
  • Though a student can submit documentation at any time, SAS and Res Life have established the March 1st deadline to maximize the options available for the next academic year. If a request requires urgency prior to the next academic year, requests will be reviewed within 30 days. 
  • Temporary housing accommodations can be provided at any time due to injuries, surgeries, or significant life changes.


  • Wheel-chair accessible room and/or wheel-chair accessible bathroom
  • Residence hall with access to an elevator
  • Reduction in number of roommates or single room
  • Semi-private or private bathroom
  • First-floor room

Disability Documentation Requirements 2022

Housing_accommodationsCome visit my office at any time!
You can find me on the second floor of Mary Berry (204).