We are happy to hear of your interest in the Master of Music in Choral Conducting degree at Simpson College.. To apply for the program, the following items must be submitted to the Department of Continuing and Graduate Studies.
We are now accepting applications for the Summer 2023 cohort. The Application Deadline for graduate stipend consideration is March 15, 2023. We look forward to reviewing you as a candidate!
- Submit an online application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Personal Statement: In your personal statement, please describe your educational and musical background, your teaching philosophy, goals and objectives, and future career plans. Please feel free to include any information that you feel would be helpful to the committee in making our admission decisions. Limit your statement to 600 words.
- Pre-screening videos: Two video selections of approximately 6-10 minutes each. One video should be of a recent performance and one should be of a recent rehearsal. Videos should not be edited for content. It is preferred that the videos capture the front of the conductor (as viewed from the singer’s perspective); however, we understand that this is not always possible and strongly recommend that at least one (preferably the rehearsal video) shows this perspective of the applicant.
IMPORTANT: We request that you upload your videos to YouTube as “unlisted” videos and provide a PDF with links. More directions here if you need them.
- References: Provide Contact Information for three professional references.
- Official Transcripts: An official transcript is required from each institution attended.
Continuing & Graduate Programs Simpson College
Attn: Becky Hastie
1415 28th Street, Suite 250
West Des Moines, IA 50266